Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's a good day for a Grand Re-Opening...

Good morning my friends, it's been a while! I am back from my forced 2 week vacation (or staycation really, since I didn't go anywhere). I say forced because rest and relaxation do not come naturally to me. In fact, I did steal some moments to work over my break, but really, as if I could stop spinning for two whole weeks. Also, I noticed a few people on my Facebook page were under the impression that I was closed for good, and for heaven's sake I couldn't have my friends thinking that!

Mostly I cleaned my poor dirty neglected house during my rest time, but I also did a lot of reflecting on my business, on my yarn, and on the past year. I won't get into the long and dirty of it, but you should know there will be some changes in the coming month. The most obvious of all the changes is my new look, which will be going live in tonight's shop update (10 pm, EST in my Etsy Shop).



I've been talking about changing my look for a while now, and I finally took the time to play around and find something that I like, and that is reflective of my life. Previously I've used a solid white background because I wanted my photographs to be all about the yarn. But, there is so much more to my yarn (and fiber) than just the way it looks, and I want to be able to express that story in my photographs. I'm very happy with what I came up with and I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments about it as well.



The other major change I am making that will be evident in tonight's shop update, is no more names for the yarn. I've always hated the naming process and I think it is distracting to the yarn. A name indicates that the color can be repeated and frankly, it can't. My dyeing process has evolved in a way that makes accurately replicating the colorways impossible and I don't want to give the impression that I can repeat them, or that I want to for that matter. Select repeatable colorways will be available in the near future, but more information about that in another post. From now on all handspun yarn and batts will have a number instead of a name like I do for my roving and spontaneous sock yarn.

And lastly, summer craft shows are done I  am really looking forward to getting to spend more time on my online presence. I've got a lot of shop updates, blog posts, and projects on the horizon that I can't wait to share with you!

Speaking of shop updates, there is a major one happening tonight! Please follow along with my Etsy Grand Re-opening update LIVE on my Facebook Fan Page tonight at 10 pm, EST. If that is too late for you, you can go over to my Facebook page now for a sneak peek of the 100% Maine Wool handspun yarn and fiber that I'll be listing tonight! There will also be a special FB Fan offer and a giveaway announced on my Facebook page during tonight's update, so I hope to see you there!

Until them, enjoy your beautiful Sunday!

Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...