Monday, June 29, 2009

Sweater In Progress

Lately I've been trying to focus on knitting. I really need some new knits and patterns for my shop- but I also want to be able to show how AMAZING my yarn knits up!

Right now I am knitting a sweater using my Spring Green Merino Wool in an aran weight. I've had this sweater stored away in my mind for almost a month now and really needed something fun and colorful to cheer me up. It has been raining for three weeks here in Mid Coast Maine and this Spring green is definitely uplifting!

I am knitting free form from my imagination in the round using size 10 circular needles. This size needle works great with this weight yarn- it's knitting up quick and giving my sweater a nice drape.

I love color, but hate doing color work and my naturally variegated yarn is the perfect solution! It knits up in a self-striping pattern in different tones of green.

I am almost done with my sweater! All I have left to do is the lower half of the body and a border in a garter stitch. I'm going to have to take a little break though because I still have two more skeins that I have to spin and I'm out of yarn! Next time I'm going to finish spinning before I start knitting! Patients young grasshopper!

If you like this yarn and want to knit your own free form-whatever in my lovely hand spun check out my etsy store!

I hope the sun is shining where ever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...