Saturday, June 5, 2010

Maine Fiber Frolic

Today we took a family trip to the Windsor Fair Grounds for the 10th Annual Fiber Frolic! The weather was terrible, but we had a blast anyway.



There were lots of beautiful animals to see and friendly fiber folks to chat up!



TT and Evan did a lot of wandering while I searched through the fleece tent. They are always so patient with me when I'm having a fiber attack.





Oh the fleece tent... I pretty much lost my mind for an hour as I went through ALL the fleeces for sale! Merino, Alpaca, Corriedale, Lincoln, Coopworth, Romney, Border Leicester, and on and on and on, black, brown, white, gray... in a word, heaven.







Finally, I settled on some heather gray Lincoln locks and some super crimpy Corriedale.





Yay! I'm super excited about this last round of farm fresh fleece! I will be washing and dyeing all this week and hopefully will start my turbo carding session by next weekend!

Happy Saturday!

b.e.w.e.l.l.BE.p.o.s.i.t.i.v.e

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful fiber! I love the curls and crimps. Can't wait to see your new batts - I assume you're creating batts...? TT's adorable, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun! Jealous b/c I want to go to a wool/yarn fair. Haven't bought anything in a bit, but that will soon change >:) miss u!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...