Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Spin-a-Thon Continues


nyeshetland1, originally uploaded by ontheroundfiberart.

It feels like I've been held up in my studio for hours...O wait I have! I got up before 7 a.m. and I've been in here every since. I've completed all the singles of my BFL spin mentioned here. I'm going to leave the plying for this evening when I am tired and vegging out.

Now I've moved on to carding up my Shetland that I just received in the mail this week. My hubby found it for me on Craigslist from a Maine woman. The wool was from a flock of her own sheep that she never used. It's clearly been in storage for a while so I am fluffing it up on my carder into 1 oz bumps. It's really lovely wool and I can't wait to get spinning it! Some of it will appear in my shop and some I am going to keep for myself and knit a sweater for my husband. I know I have claimed to knit him a sweater before (see post) but this time I really intend to do it, and with this wool that seems more manageable.

I would also like to mention that while I card I am listening to A Playful Day: Holiday Special with Subway Knits. It is a totally enjoyable listen in the spirit of my New Years weekend fiber adventure.

Now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...