Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2nd Annual OnTheRound Destash Auction



It’s that time of year again- Destash Auction time! Last year was the first Destash Auction I have ever held and it was such a fun event that doing it again this year was a no brainer.

Let’s go over the details of the auction so everyone is clear how this will work. Please read through all of this so there are no surprises. Questions are welcome in the comment section here or on the auction event page.

{What}

The OnTheRound Destash Auction is a chance for me to find new homes for all of the yarn and fiber I have acquired over the year.

The inventory that I will be auctioning off is left over skeins from big lots, seconds, or bits of yarn and fiber that have piled up over the year.

This year I’ve got a ton of hand dyed yarn lots and single skeins in many different weights and fibers, handspun yarn- including some rainbow handspun, some handspun mini skeins lots, and a bunch of fiber packs in the form of both roving and loose dyed fiber.


{Where}

The auction will take place on my Facebook Fan Page,OnTheRoundFiberArt, please like my page if you haven’t already so that I can link you in comments to respond to your questions or alert you if you have won the auction. Last year I had a few people join the auction who didn’t like my page and contacting them was a bit of a bear.

{When}

The auction will begin this Friday, April 4th at 6 pm EST.

When I say begin, that means I will start posting the items up for auction. You are welcome to start bidding as soon as the items are posted. Please note though, it will take me at least a couple of hours to get everything listed, so I suggest grabbing a glass of wine and hit that refresh button!

The auction will end on Sunday, April 6th at 6 pm EST.

Last year I had some complaints about the auctions closing time from international friends, but it’s just the best time for me to be able to close the auction and get back to the winners all in the same night. Don’t give up on an item, place your final bids when you can and hope for the best!

{Item Listings}

The auction items will be listed as a picture with the details of the listing attached to each image. You will place your bids/questions/comments in the comments section of each individual picture.

Please note, most for most of the items I will be using stock photos, the picture might be of 2 skeins of yarn but the listing is actually for the lot of 6 skeins. Make sure you read the details of the listing so you are clear on what you are bidding on.

If you have any questions, please go ahead and leave a comment. I will be around ALL weekend and will respond as quickly as I can.

Each listing will have an item number with it, something like this, NO.0001. That number will be what I use to keep track of all the items when I’m billing and shipping.

{Bidding}

All bids start at $1 and should be placed in USD. From there you can increase the bid in any amount that you choose.

Bids should be written in the comment section of each item picture. You are welcome to bid as much or as little as you like. If you do commit to a bid, you have an obligation to finish the sale should you win so please be available for me to contact you on Sunday night or Monday, depending on your time zone.

{Shipping}

All US orders will be charged $3 PER ITEM. This worked out almost perfectly last year. If for some reason that ends up being too much money per item you will be charged the correct amount when you receive your PayPal invoice.

I am happy to ship international orders, you have to just let me know where your package is going to when you Private Message (PM)  me your PayPal information.

If you are local, please let me know that you would like to arrange pick up/drop off when you Private Message (PM)  me your Paypal information.

{Payment}

Once the auction has ended (Sunday night, at 6 pm EST) I will do a final comment on each listing notifying the winner. I will flag your name in the comment so that you will get a Facebook notification. OR if you are sure that you have won items, you are welcome to Private Message (PM) me on the ontheround Facebook page with your PayPal email address and any shipping information (see above).  

If I do not hear from you in 24 hours (by 6 pm EST on Monday, April 7th) I will assume you have forfeited the item and it will go to the next highest bidder.

Once I have your PayPal email information I will send you a detailed invoice. Once you have paid your invoice, I will ship your order.

Local people who are picking up their order are welcome to pay with cash or check.

And there you have it! Like I said before, this was a super fun event last year and I look forward to *spending the weekend* with all of you!

Again, if you have any questions at all, please leave a comment in this post or in the Facebook Auction Event page.

See you on Friday!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...