Wednesday, April 16, 2014

{Work In Progress}

This week is a very busy week. There are lots of appointments scheduled, there is a half school day, and holiday prep going on...not to mention I am trying to list 8 lbs of sock yarn and put together a new rainbow yarn set.

Here are some snap shots of what I am working on this week...




On the top of my to do list, is Spontaneous Sock Yarn! I'm working on a big update for my shop so that means re-skeining yarn until my arm falls off, photo shoots, Photoshop, and uploading. Big shop updates are a ton of work, and most of it is sitting at the computer, which are my least favorite thing to do.  I'm really excited about this new batch of sock yarn though, the colors are fantastic! I actually am keeping a skein of the colorway above because I LOVE IT! I'm thinking a shawl, but maybe a lacy scarf- you'll just have to wait and see!




In other yarn news, I'm working on a new rainbow yarn set! This is going to be featured on my worsted merino yarn base and in mini skein set of 7 colors- instead of the usual self-striping handspun. I'm still working out the details on this one so that's all I can say for now!



Let's not forget shearing season is officially upon us! I picked out a couple of fleeces from my friend and farmer Nancy of New Aim Farm in Waldoboro. This is a Leciester Long Wool X BFL fleece that is just irresistible! I got all 3 lbs scoured last week and I managed to spin up a little sample skein to see how it feels. I'd *like* to get this all carded up this week, but we'll see how much time I can get out in my shed.



And as for knitting, I am working on a wrap using my Ebb & Flow pattern. This is a mystery skein of yarn that I received as a sample from my yarn base supplier last year. I dyed it up and tucked it away without making a note as to what the fiber content is. I'm really kicking myself for that too, because this yarn is gorgeous!

If I had to guess, it is a merino/silk/alpaca blend, but no clue on the percentages. I'm going to have to makes some calls on this because this is a killer yarn and I'd love to dye more!

As for the project, this is the perfect pattern because it's easy to remember and I can drop it at a moments notice and still know right where I am at when I pick it up again. I'm getting a lot of work done on it at the playground, waiting to pick up children, and at night when I'm too tired to work, but not quite ready for bed.

And there you have it, a glimpse into *some* of the work that I am filling my days with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...