Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy Etsianniversary To Me!

Today is my two year anniversary selling on etsy! I am just so unbelievably happy that I get to make things that I so passionately love, and people actually want to buy them!



Click here to read what I wrote after my one year Etsianniversary.

In the past year:

I’ve reached over 600 sales- thanks to some very loyal and AMAZING customers. Selling yarn, I’ve really come to LOVE being a part of people’s creative process!

I said (or am still saying goodbye) to my old friends the felt bangles. I started selling bangles on the site as a way to get my foot in the door and make some start up money. And within a year, felt bangles did just that for me. This business was literally built on felt bangles! So thank you felt bangles, you did good!



I've reached ALMOST 1,000 followers on Twitter! If you haven't yet, join me in my daily musings about life, motherhood, making, spinning, selling, & knitting!

I got my first negative feedback. A cosmic joke played on me and my customer. Her yarn was mysteriously lost in the mail, not returned to me, and then to top it off, the customers email was lost in a sea of notifications and updates. As soon as I realized what happened I quickly fixed the situation in a way that left that my customer very happy with her experience. We since can’t get the negative feedback changed. Honestly, it doesn’t even bother me. It’s not a perfect system, and I can take negative criticism…at last. You can’t have up without a little down, right?

I was able to retire my antique starter spinning wheel when I purchased an Ashford Kiwi! Now looking back, I have NO idea how I managed to make anything with that old clunker wheel. But like the bangles, it got me started, and I am grateful.



I burned through almost 180 lbs of merino– that’s more than my weight in wool! I had a lot of fun working on my dyeing techniques this year. I started the year out doing large dye lots of semi solid colors, and finished with small limited edition runs of semi-solids, hand painted self striping, and kettle cooked. You can look forward to seeing a lot more amazing color ways this year as I plan to push my skills even further! I’m working on a new photo album on my Facebook Fan Page – become a fan and check out my Year of Yarn!



I did my first craft show- and second, and third, and fourth! This year I discovered how much I LOVE doing craft shows! It’s really fun to get to see people see/touch/feel/smell your wares and to get to talk to other crafters face to face. I look forward to doing more shows in the coming year!



I created a look/feel/attitude in my shop that I am really please with- and excited by! I spent a lot of time this year reading the Etsy Blog and Forums. There is an unbelievable amount of helpful information in both about owning and operating a successful business. But, just because I’m happy now, doesn’t mean things can’t get better! I plan to continue to research and make changes to better my customers experience, my visibility, and my organization.

What’s next?

Now that I have my yarn line in a good place, I intend to offer more knits made with handspun and bring back hand dyed roving. I also plan to keep designing knitting patterns. Specifically- simple, classic knits made with handspun yarn.



Right now you can download my Handspun Baby Doll Tunic for free and if you’re on Ravelry, why not join in my Handspun Baby Doll Tunic KAL generously hosted by Rawfish.




And of course, in the coming year you can expect everything I do to be filled with positive energy and love!

Be well, be positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...