Monday, May 17, 2010

A Week In Review




It has been a busy Busy BUSY week! I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately so I'm going to smoosh it all into one lovely post.

In Apartment News:

Evan and I have gotten to spend a lot of time sitting around the giant island in our kitchen enjoying delish micro brews offered downstairs at Hope General Store. We haven't even begun to scratch the surface of tasting all the amazing beers- I think there is over 100. Also, since our dinning room is so big I was able to put all three leaf's in my antique kitchen table making it huge and super fun to sit at during dinner. As soon as I get a new table cloth and some place setting's I'll take a picture for you.

In Doggy News:

The newest member of our family, Bessie, it adjusting extremely well. She fits right into this family and we are all so happy she is here. She loves catching flies, taking walks and shredding her toys! She is also a super huge cuddle love and is ALWAYS hungry- I understand that's a hound thing. Evan has started doing some off leash training with her this weekend and I'm going to work with a professional trainer some time next week so I can learn how to be a good doggie parent.

In OTR News:

I've been very busy washing and dyeing fleeces. I'm trying to get all my wool prepped up for a giant carding session. On top of being full of positive energy, this round of batts will also be full of fresh fleeces purchased directly from the farm- or farms as the case may be. I seem to be working with a lot of rich earthy and soft ephemeral colors and for fibers I have merino, rambouillet, border leicester, cormo, mohair, merino x romney, and clun forest on the way. I am also working on a new product that I hope to have available by the end of the week!

And that's what I did last week!

I hope you are all happy and healthy~

be.well.be.positive.

r.A.c.h.e.l

3 comments:

  1. love all the pics! your new little pooch is adorable. All your new handspuns are gorgeous. Thats so awesome that you have a smorgasbord of beers near you. That would be hubby's dream come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- I was totally thinking about you & your hubby when I was writing that. Too bad you guys are a country away- we would have you over for beer & tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, rAchel! I didn't know you lived above a General Store. (And honestly, I didn't know the term 'general store' was even used anymore! How awesome!) Your apartment looks so beautiful - the light, the openness of it. I love it. And I have this idyllic image of where you live in Maine... Wow, such a different world, and so beautiful. I'm going to convo you on moving tips soon! :) Oh yeah, your new yarnies and roving are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...