Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Settling In & Shaking It Up

Saturday has come and gone and we are now in our NEW apartment!



For more pictures of our new living space, check out my Flickr page!

This new space is too good to be true. We felt at home here just about immediately- and our things are flying out of there boxes! In fact, I'm just about all unpacked except for my studio and a few boxes full of random things that I'm not even sure we need.

The hard part now is re-setting our life with new routines. I'm a serious creature of habit and I always feel a little lost with out my routines. Fortunately, we are also in a change of seasons and that some how makes it all easier. The sun is shining, the windows are open and we can play outside!

Speaking of new routines. Last night I was able to get the ball rolling on some OTR work. It's been a long week without fiber and I'm really anxious to get my momentum up again. My Moving Sale is now over and I've put my shop on vacation mode. I plan to re-open on May 6th (instead of the 9th). That seems to be the best day for me in conjunction with my restaurant schedule.




I have a whole pile of new yarn that I still need to weigh, measure, and photograph. Today's plan is to figure out my new photography set up. Once I know what that is going to look like I can change the look of my shop to coordinate. Also, I'll have dye pots simmering all day so that I will have more Roving & Sock Yarn to list on Thursday!

So, as always, never a dull moment. If you follow me on Twitter or on Facebook be sure to check in- I'll be posting some behind the scenes and sneak peaks!

Be well, be positive!

rAchel

1 comment:

  1. gulp... more sock yarn coming!?! i'm gonna have to put my brain/wallet into vacation mode as of thursday! lol

    can't wait to see what you post. that looks like one happy basket o' yarn... yum.

    your new place looks amazing btw... as much as i hate moving... i love new beginnings :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...