Friday, January 16, 2015

Oh, Hello 2015...


Good morning! I've been busy this morning getting photos and spinning supplies ready for my first update in 2015, when it occurred to me that I haven't updated my blog in a looooooong time.

Sorry about that.

It's the new year, so obviously that means a whole new set of goals/plans/dreams, a yes, I've got lots. I thought I might share a few of them with you today.

First and foremost, I would like to get organized this year. Since having baby #3 in September, I've come to realize organization, systems, and routine are pretty much the only way things are going to get done around here. Accepting that and practicing it has made the transition to 3 kiddos much easier in my personal life (and laundry pile), so I'd like to carry that into my work life.

That being said, I have created a work schedule for myself. I won't bother breaking that down for you today (maybe another post if you're interested though), but it does include some days off (yay!) and a set day for shop updates!

Shop updates will take place at 4 pm, EST on Friday's. Obviously, there will be instances where there are delays or perhaps no update (gasp!), So check in with my Facebook Page for those types of announcements.

I chose that date and time for my updates mostly because that seems to be the most reasonable time frame for me to be consistent, and it seemed to work for most of you in the many times that I updated then last year.

Update offerings will be different every week. Sometimes I will have a theme for an update, for example today's update is featuring spinning supplies, but often times it will be a little of everything. 

I like to work on a little of this and a little of that during the week- it keeps it interesting!

I am also going to try and bring back my newsletter this year! It will be called, The Weekly Round Up (ontheROUND, ROUND UP- get it??) and it will feature a shop update preview and all those great behind the scenes progress pictures you all love so much!

It's my goal to have my first newsletter of 2015 up next week- fingers crossed! I'll have more information about that and a link to sign up next week, once I've got it all put together.

I am going to work very hard on my Ravelry presence this year. I do have a Ravelry Group called On The Make, please join if you are interested. I am also going to get my Yarn page current and will be adding every OOAK yarn to the list on update day, so please add your ontheround yarns to your stash!   If you are on Ravelry and you would like to friend me, you can find me under OnTheRound.

I am also working to organize my Pinterest Page to include boards with knitting patterns for each different yarn base! I have a Knit Crochet Weave board already, but since I am always getting emails and convos about project ideas for my yarn, it might be better to create a one stop shop for project ideas. I'd love to get your ideas on what projects you are using with your ontheround yarns, so please share them on Ravelry, Facebook or Instagram so I can add them.

Phew, that's a lot of stuff...and did I say I am trying to schedule time off too? Eeps! A girl can dream. ;)

Ok, so that's all for now! I hope to *see* you all at today's shop update at 4 pm, EST at www.ontheround.etsy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...