Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it's been a while...

Since my last post I've made my way back to Maine, my home sweet home! I'm really glad to be back and have no future plans of leaving...ever! My family and I had a lovely holiday season, but I'm really glad it's over and I'm so ready to get back to business!

I've recently purchased a 30 pound bump of merino wool and have been walking around with a fiber boner ever since! When I started ontheround my goal was to earn enough money to be able to buy a bump and do my own dying. I would have earned the money a lot sooner had I not spent it on awesome etsy finds and a two month "vacation" to Montana, but whose counting anyway? The point is I did it and I've been busying myself dying wool (using Maine's own professional Cushing Acid Dyes) and making bangles. I also have big plans for expanding my felt jewlery line to necklaces and earrings! I also hope to miraculously come up with a few more hours in the day to do more wall hangings...

As for knitting, I'm currently a little burned out from all the last minute Christmas gift knitting, but I'll be getting back to it shortly. You can look forward to knitting patterns and definitly some funky new designs! Holy cow! I almost forgot...my loving partner Evan got me a spinning wheel for Christmas! I'm waiting (not so patiently) for a new bobbin from ebay so I can get to spinning. So, it's probably safe to say that I will be offering some homespun, hand dyed merino at some point...

Needless to say it is going to be a busy and exciting year and I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...